Policies & Procedures of the Ravens Sport Facility of Saint Anthony Coptic Orthodox Church Agreement
The Ravens Sport Facility (RSF) of Saint Anthony Coptic Orthodox Church exists to strengthen the church body and glorify God through sports and recreational activities aimed at developing its members physically, spiritually and socially.
The purpose of the RSF is to provide a recreational space for Christian youth to play sports and various activities while maintaining a Christian atmosphere. While using the building for various sports and activities, participants will exemplify Christian values and Christ-like attitudes:
- Christ honoring
- Building up one another
Participants of the RSF include:
- Parishioners of Saint Anthony Church who are registered as a RSF Member
- Guests of a RSF Member
- Visiting teams and groups requesting to rent the facility
- Church community members participating in church arranged functions
Anyone who would like to play at the RSF is required to fill out a registration form prior to participating in any activities at the facility.
Eligibility to participate will depend on an individual’s willingness to abide by the policies and procedures set in place by Saint Anthony Church which governs the use of the RSF.
If a participant does not abide by the policies and procedures, they will be asked to leave both the facility and the surrounding premises immediately.
RSF Members will be allowed to bring guests into the RSF.
Guests must fill out a registration form prior to using the RSF and, like members, must sign in and out at the control center.
RSF Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
Visiting teams and their spectators will be referred to as visitors and must have a servant (assigned by their church priest) present at the RSF during their group’s reserved time.
The servant must request a reservation for his/her group or team and receive approval from the RSF Leadership. Upon approval, each individual of the group or team must complete the registration form and sign a waiver.
Visitors must comply with all policies, rules and regulations. The conduct of the visiting group is the responsibility of their church and the servant present with them.
Rules and Regulations
The RSF is part of Saint Anthony Coptic Orthodox Church and will always be used to glorify God. “In all ways acknowledge Him” (Proverbs 3:6). In the interest of influencing others for Christ, the speech, dress and conduct of all participants will be in accordance with the highest Christian standards:
- Profanity will not be tolerated at any capacity
- Attire must promote a Christian atmosphere
- Respect for the property and others is always expected
Any violation of the above or any unsafe conduct must be reported to the control center immediately.
The RSF will be closed during any regularly scheduled Church services or at the discretion of the church leadership. Please see the RSF schedule for pre-scheduled practices/games as well as facility closures.
The Liability waiver form must be signed by all participants prior to using the RSF:
- Use of the RSF and all its equipment will be at the risk of the participant
- Saint Anthony Church does not assume liability for injury to users of the RSF
- Saint Anthony Church will not be liable for lost, broken or damaged personal items
- Signing the waiver form releases the Church of liability/responsibility of the above
Safety and First Aid
Participant and staff safety is of the utmost importance while the RSF is in use; thus, adherence to the RSF Policies/Procedures is warranted.
- Any stationary equipment or furniture should not be moved or tampered with
- Rules for equipment use may be posted in the area of usage
- Participants should confer with their physician prior to beginning any physical program
- Any accident or injury must immediately be reported to the control center
- A first-aid kit will be present at the control center but no direct supervision or medical staff will be available by the RSF, therefore, it is the responsibility of the participant to seek medical attention in the case of serious injury
- No usage of the side doors is permitted except in the case of a fire in the building
- No loitering in the parking lot or on church property
- Participants will use the facility at their own risk
Interpretation of Policies and Procedures
The facility staff and/or the RSF Leadership will be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the policies and rules.
Policies and procedures may be altered or added by the RSF Leadership to address any situations not specifically covered in this list of policies and will be acted upon if and when the need arises, at the full discretion of the RSF Leadership.
All participants will be expected to follow the policies and procedures set in place for the RSF approved by the church leadership and conduct themselves in a manner that brings glory to God.
Willful violation of any policies could lead to a temporary or permanent loss of eligibility to participate in the RSF.
The volunteer staff, under the direction of the RSF Leadership, has the right to say “NO” or stop any games or activities in the event that rules are being violated. Participants are expected to immediately adhere to the direction of the RSF volunteer(s) on-site.
The following procedures will apply to the violation of rules and other inappropriate conduct:
First Offense: The individual will be given a documented warning by the staff or servant in charge and reminded of the rules of conduct.
Second Offense: The adult individual will receive a written warning. If the individual is under 18 years of age, a written notice will be given to the parents. All written warnings will be documented and maintained.
Third Offense: The individual will be asked to leave the facility and will be required to have a conference with Father Daoud Tawadrous prior to regaining eligibility to participate at the RSF. Individuals who are under 18 years of age will be required to have their parents participate in the conference.
Continued offenses may result in a temporary or permanent loss of eligibility to participate in the RSF as deemed appropriate by the RSF Leadership.
In the case of a severe/serious offense, the staff or volunteer on-site is provided full discretion to ask the individual to leave immediately and require that he/she have a conference with Father Daoud Tawadrous regardless if a warning was provided or not.
Modest attire must be worn at all times to promote a Christian atmosphere.
Individuals are not allowed to remove their shirt or other apparel.
ONLY Athletic footwear will be permitted within the play boundary of the RSF gymnasium.
See Gymnasium section below for details
- Equipment must be checked-out and returned to the control desk by ID Card
- All equipment must only be used for its intended purpose
- The individual who checks out the equipment is responsible for returning it in the condition it was provided
- The individual who checks out the equipment is financially responsible for any loss or damage caused through negligence. Arrangement for payment must be made with the control center staff prior to leaving the RSF
- No outside personal equipment is allowed on-site
Entering and Exiting
- The primary entrance and exit will be the RSF doors located at the lobby area. Every participant must sign in and sign out at the control center
- Designated emergency doors are used ONLY in case of emergency; any other use may result in a suspension of participation in the facility.
Food and Refreshments
Food and drink, other than water, are not permitted in the gymnasium
- Food and drink will be allowed in the lobby area along with use of vending machines
- Participants are responsible for keeping all the RSF areas clean; including, but not limited to, the gym, lobby, bathrooms, showers, and parking lot areas
The following items are NOT allowed on the property of the RSF of Saint Anthony Church:
- Tobacco in any form
- Alcoholic beverages
- Anything considered a weapon
- Controlled substances
- Anything that would detract from a Christian atmosphere
Lost and Found
The Lost and Found box will be located at the control center. Lost items will be returned to the owner when requested and properly identified. Participants are encouraged to put their names on all personal items. Saint Anthony Church is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- Scheduled activities will be given priority
- No free play is available at the RSF at this time
- Anyone playing a sport or participating in activities on the gymnasium floor MUST wear athletic shoes
- Non-athletic black sole shoes and heels are prohibited within the play boundary
- Hanging from the basketball rims is prohibited
- Dunking is only allowed on goals with collapsible rims
- No improper running, or shooting the ball with unnecessary force or high kicking competition, pushing or horseplay will be tolerated anywhere in the facility
- If a piece of equipment is broken or damaged, it should be reported to the staff/volunteer immediately
- If equipment needs to be adjusted, set up, or moved, the staff member at the control desk must approve the request. Only authorized personnel should perform the requested actions